
I'm sure lots of other adoptive families have bought the same one. I have no idea if it is taking on our scents but I hope it is. Honestly, it isn't that comfy to sleep with so Damon and I take turns sleeping with it and we try and trick each other into thinking it is the other person's turn. HA! However, when it is my turn I can't help but think that this slightly awkward thing I am cuddling with will one day be in the crib of my future child in Ethiopia. Pretty cool.
I remember a few weeks ago my friend, Heidi, speculated that if she and her husband passed court and we got our referral then she would be able to love on our baby and take photos for us. I read that and was just overcome with emotion. The thought of someone I have met through the process being able to kiss and hug my baby for me made me so happy. That dream is still alive. Heidi and her husband passed court and will be bringing home two adorable boys and we could still get our referral in time before they travel. Maybe I can still overnight our photo album and have it delivered to baby Buster. And hopefully Heidi or whoever delivers it doesn't think it is too stinky!
That is an adorable album...where did you buy it?
ReplyDeleteI think you should send it to your baby in a ziplock so that your scent doesn't escape en route! ;)
I thought about doing that with a stuffed animal but never actually did it. I really hope you get your referral before we leave in a week and a half. That would be so exciting to be able to meet your little Buster!
ReplyDeleteI just have to say that we did the same thing with a little blanket that our baby will be recieving today. I thought it was kind of silly, but totally worth getting our scent to our baby.
ReplyDeleteWe are going to court tomorrow. If we pass and you get your referral before we leave then we would love to take your precious package, love on , and take pics of your baby. We will be in touch! Here's hoping that you get a referral soon!
So glad you're doing this! We've been sleeping with a giraffe!
ReplyDeleteI second Tracy's suggestion to Ziplock the album to ensure your little Buster gets the full-on scent of mommy & daddy.
It's coming!!!!!
i've looked at a lot of albums but haven't seen that one yet! it's soooo cute! where'd you buy it?
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute photo album and what a great idea. :) It sounds like your agency has many wonderful people who are willing to help out. That is great Emily! :)
ReplyDeleteHey! Do you subscribe to Grown in my Heart? I thought of you when they posted this yesterday: http://www.growninmyheart.com/25-things-to-do-while-you-wait (This sounds like spam, but I promise it's legit!) Can't wait to hear your good news!
ReplyDeleteI love that snuggly photo album, and the idea of sleeping with it so it takes on some of your scent!
ReplyDeleteOh, Em! I just read this now! I am honored and speachless...
ReplyDeleteLove you!!!!!!!!
Not long and your baby will have your photo book! Hang in there! Your day will be SOON!!! We are anxiously waiting with you!
ReplyDelete